Renault Twin’Run is racing two-seater with 3 doors. The vehicle is only 3.68 m long, and its width is 1.75 and 1.48 m height. Thanks to the use of materials made of carbon fiber and plastic, the weight is reduced to 950 kg. This was assisted by the truth that all the automobile totally subordinate to his racing operation, which means they are ejected from the taxi unnecessary things.
The standard front seats have actually been replaced by racing, and instead of the rear seat is set up safety roll-bar cage.
The instrument panel has actually been minimized to devices that the driver crucial thing during the competitors, a concession to contemporary design made by fitting 5.5 inch screen in front of the steering wheel and where the read rate, gear, engine RPM, oil pressure and fuel.
Unique signs on the right show the temperature level of the coolant and engine oil.
The automobile is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine behind the motorist and traveler, while the rest of the cabin is separated by a Plexiglas partition. It’s the exact same aggregate, which is found in the Renault Megane Trophy, which originates from Nissan.
The engine produces 235 kW/320 hp at 6,800 rpm and 380 Nm of torque available at 4,850 r / min. Power is transferred to the rear wheels through a sequential six-speed gearbox brand name Sadev utilizing a limited-slip differential.
Twin’Run is able to increase to mph in 4.5 s, before reaching an optimum of 250 km / h.
Renault TwinRun Concept requirements
l x w x h: 3,680 mm x 1,750 mm (1,970 mm with door mirrors) x 1,493 mm.
Front track: 1,522 mm.
Rear track: 1,497 mm.
Unladen weight: 950 kg.
– Composite, glass fibre/polyester.
– From the Alliance Renault-Nissan (Renault V4Y / Nissan VQ35).
– mid-engine longitudinal mounted.
– V6 (60 Â°)– 24 valves– 3,498 cm3.
– Bore– travel: 95.5 mm x 81.4 mm.
– Injection / ignition: built-in management system SODEMO EV14.
– Max power 320 hp at 6,800 rpm.
– Max torque 380 Nm at 4,850 rpm.
– Max engine speed 7,500 rpm.
– Rear-wheel drive.
– 6-speed consecutive gearbox + reverse.
– Limited slip differential.
– Twin metallic disc clutch Ã�184mm.
– Steel multi-tube 25CD4S.
– Composite glass-polyester bodywork.
– Double wishbone suspension at front and back.
– OHLINS two-way spring-damper mixes, front and back.
– Front brakes, vented discs Ã�356 x 32 and 6-piston calipers.
– Rear brakes, vented discs Ã�328×30 and 4-piston calipers.
Wheels and tires:.
– Front: 7.5″ x 18″ alloy wheels and Michelin tyres 205/40 R18.
– AR: 8.5″ x 18″ alloy wheels and Michelin tyres 245/35 R18.
– 0 – 100 kph: 4.5 s.
– Top speed: 250 kph.
– Tork Engineering / Poclain VÃ©hicules (framework, body).
– Michelin (tyres).
– Sparco (seats).
– Sabelt (safety belt).
– Axel Breun (Director, concept car design).
– Philippe Ponceau (project leader).
– Csaba Wittinger (exterior design).
– Laurent Negroni (interior design).
– Nathalie Granger (materials and colors).
– Nicolas Merlhiot (graphics).
TORK / POCLAIN VÃ©hicules.
– Richard Tur (Director).
– Charles Door (project leader).
– HervÃ© Garnier (electronic devices engineer).